In Yekaterinburg, the historic estate of a family of German brewers will be restored.
In Yekaterinburg, plans are underway to restore the historic estate of the family of the well-known Ural brewers Filitz, reports KP–Yekaterinburg.
The mansion was built in 1896 at the intersection of the present-day Mamina-Sibiryaka and Engels streets (address: 187 Mamina-Sibiryaka).
"The building's design was by Yuliy Dutel — an academic of architecture at the Imperial Academy of Arts, who at the time was the chief architect of Yekaterinburg. The building, characteristic of that period in Yekaterinburg as a semi-stone type (the first floor stone, the second wooden), is executed in an eclectic architectural style," writes Vecherniye Vedomosti.
Its owners, Emma and Ernest Filitz, moved to the Urals from East Prussia. The brewery they founded produced "Viennese," "Martovskoye," and "Munich."
In the 1920s the Filitz house was turned over to communal housing, and the brewery was nationalized. In 1930 a zoo was established on the estate grounds. The brewery's stone buildings that ended up within the zoo's territory were demolished. During the Soviet period various organizations were housed in the manor house.
The reconstruction project provides for restoring the mansion's historic appearance. It has already received a positive conclusion from the state expert review. Anyone wishing may review the documentation and submit their comments until November 13.
Другие Новости Екатеринбурга (ЕКБ166)
In Yekaterinburg, the historic estate of a family of German brewers will be restored.
Plans are underway in Yekaterinburg to restore the historic estate of the Filitz family, renowned Ural brewers, KP‑Yekaterinburg reports, citing the website of the Sverdlovsk cultural heritage authority.
